Saturday, August 1, 2015

7/31/15

Hey everyone!  

Things are going good here!  I can’t believe that I leave on Monday!!  I packed some of my suit case today and I realized it’s much easier to pack now because I just have to put everything I have in. hahaha.  My life for the next two years fits in two suit cases! hahaha.  So we had in field orientation yesterday which sucked.  It was pretty much for English Elders who have only been here for 6 days who haven't learned how to do all that stuff yet.  We had already learned it so it was a little boring.  But it was kind of cool because I got to talk to Elder Martinez a lot.  He is from Mexico.  When we would do practices I would talk to him in Spanish and he would talk to me in English.  Our instructors looked at us like we were crazy hahaha but it was fun. 

So this morning we ate breakfast in the temple and it was SO GOOD!!  I CANT WAIT TO HAVE REAL FOOD AGAIN!!!  I had a quiche that had crab in it.  It was so good!  Mom should start putting crab in it at Christmas! 

 Life is slowing down here.  We teach our last lesson tonight.  We have only taught like 4 times this week which is weird because normally we teach at least 8 by Friday. Esta bien.  I miss teaching.  I like seeing people’s lives change as they accept Jesus and God. It is so amazing to watch the difference in the light in people’s eyes change as they accept the gospel.   It is so amazing.  I am so happy I am able to serve the Lord.  I don’t know when my next p day will be.  I love you all.  Have a great time!  And for those of you who aren't called missionaries promise me that you will help the missionaries out!  Go on splits with them and help find your friends who are ready to receive the gospel.  The Lord calls missionaries for a full two years, but as members we chose to sign up to help.  It is part of our responsibility as members of the church.  That is what part of in field was about.  How as missionaries we can’t do it alone.  And members can’t do it alone either.  It takes both of us, working hand in hand to make it happen.  Hope you all have a good week!


Elder Pachner

No comments:

Post a Comment