Friday, July 10, 2015

7/10/15

 Hello Everyone! 

 How is everyone doing?  Can someone send me Ashley’s email so I can send these to her too?  Everything is going good here.  Except today they pretty much took our p day away.  We are going to Elder Packers funeral in the morning and after that we clean the temple for 4 hours.  So my p day consisted of when I woke up to 10:00 am hahaha.  It’s all good though.  We are just rushing to get everything done before 10. 

So yesterday there was a pretty cool but scary experience as well.  During lunch a boy had a seizure and my comp was standing right next to him and caught him, then helped the medics.  y after my comp was pretty shook up.  So we were walking and he started to cry a little so elder Frei and I put our arms around him and we started walking him back to the dorm.  When we got there we gave him a blessing of comfort and the spirit was so strong that I think all of us started crying a little bit.  But after the blessing my comp felt much better.  I know that Heavenly Father was looking out for us.  I know that he heard us and answered us. 

 So we got two new investigators.  Ones name is Johnathon and the others is Myrum.  They are actually our teachers but that’s ok because they are really good actors when we are in there.  So Johnathan doesn't believe in God because he felt like God abandoned him.  (We found this out yesterday when we taught him for the first time) and my comp and I just talked with him.  We talked with him a lot and the spirit was there.  During the lesson we asked him to pray with us right then y there to know God was there and that he loved him.  We knelt and prayed and he offered up his desire to know God.  It was a super good experience y I can’t wait to teach him again!!  Also with another one of our investigators, Marco, we were teaching him about how he can know the things that he believes to be true.  My companion and I were talking with him and two scriptures popped into our minds.  One was 3 Nephi 19:9-11 and the other is Moroni 10:3-5.  We had him read both with us and after Moroni's promise he was like wow.  That is one big promise.  Is it really true?  And we testified to him that it is true and that the promise does work.  We then asked him to pray with us ahora to know if el libro de mormon es verdad.  He did and after we asked him how he felt.  With tears in his eyes he said he felt really good and had a really powerful feeling inside him.  We testified that that was the spirit and that was Gods way of telling him the Book of Mormon is true.  He said he would read it and pray every day.  I think on Monday when we see him next we will invite him to be baptized and see how it goes.  I don’t know if he is a member or not.  We don’t know with our MTC investigators.  He could be a member he could not be.  Either way I am so happy for him because he was able to come closer to Heavenly father and Jesus Christ.  Marco is such an amazing person. 

 Spanish is coming along ok.  After the first week the massive growth in Spanish has started to plateau slightly because now we are learning a lot more of the grammar rules and the harder stuff.  But everyday I get better at Spanish.  My English suffers a little bit because of it.  Once or twice I have found myself saying something in English that isn’t grammatically correct for English but it would be for Spanish hahahaha.  Me encanta espanol mucho.  Espanol es muy deficil pero es mas importante por me entender.  Yo hablo en espanol todos los dias por que yo quiero hablar en espanol solomente quando yo voy a la mission field.  Haha that’s another word I need to look up.  That’s why it’s so important to speak in Spanish because I find words I need to learn.  I love you all so much!  And I Love the tie pin Jacob!!!  It looks so cool!!  Everyone thinks it’s pretty awesome!!  I’m about out of time.  I love you guys so much!  I miss you all!


Elder Pachner III 

No comments:

Post a Comment